Search for a Recipe

Sunday 12 June 2016

Kristin's Mint Triple Chocolate Cookies

These are one of my all-time favorite cookies!  I love them. My kids love them. My friends love them.  They're an all-time favorite.  I even whipped some up for my brother's big GF wedding dessert reception I did 18 months ago (my how time flies).  I have to make these tasty mint triple chocolate cookies sparingly, so I don't inhale them all.  Use high quality cocoa powder and chips.   Leftovers freeze perfectly, so you can definitely make ahead if you have a summer event to attend.  Enjoy!
Gluten Free Mint Triple Chocolate Cookies
Gluten Free Mint Triple Chocolate Cookies! 
Kristin's Mint Triple Chocolate Cookies
Makes ~36

Heat oven to 350F
Line cookie sheets with parchment paper or silicon baking mat.

Mix together in a bowl:
1 cup white rice flour
1/3 cup dark cocoa powder (there are some extra dark cocoa powders, which have a different taste b/c of how they’re processed. I prefer the dark cocoa powder in this recipe to a normal cocoa powder)
½ tsp xanthan gum
½ tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt

In a mixer, beat until fluffy:
2/3 + 1 Tbsp butter
1/3 cup white sugar
½ cup light brown sugar

Add, and beat in:
1 egg
1.5 tsp vanilla

Add flour/cocoa mixture and mix, just until combined.

Add, and mix:
¼ - ½ cup milk chocolate chips
¼ - ½ cup semi-sweet OR dark chocolate chips
½ cup mint chips

Spoon by small cookie scoop (1 Tbsp-sized) onto baking sheets.  You can leave as-is, or flatten slightly, depending on your preference.

Bake 7-8 minutes.  It’s difficult to tell when chocolate cookies are done, but it should be clear that the cookie is cooked and no longer gooey in the center. Avoid over-baking!

Let rest a few minutes on the cookie sheet, then use spatula to remove from baking sheets to wire racks to cool.
Enjoy!
Gluten Free Mint Triple Chocolate Cookies
Gluten Free Mint Triple Chocolate Cookies!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment