Search for a Recipe

Sunday 2 June 2019

Kristin's Sunshine Muffins

Bananas, pineapple, coconut wrapped up into one muffin.  These muffins taste like "sunshine" to me, so I'm calling them sunshine muffins.  My son told me they were "heavenly", which I think is quite the compliment.  They were such a fun, light flavor.  Even my dad, who tends to not like things with coconut, really enjoyed them.  Yay!  They whip up quick and easy in a bowl with a fork, too.  I love those sorts of recipes - easy, but absolutely delicious.  Enjoy!

Gluten Free Banana Pineapple Coconut Muffins
Fresh from the oven - Sunshine Muffins

Kristin's Sunshine Muffins (Gluten Free)

Makes 12-18

Preheat oven to 350 F.  Line 12 - 18 muffin tins with paper liners.

In a bowl, mash together with a fork:
2 large, overripe bananas, mashed (I like to leave it a bit chunky, so you end up with bits of banana throughout)
3 oz crushed pineapple & juice (use crushed pineapple in juice OR a mix of cubed pineapple & juice from a can, break up the pineapple cubes to "crush" the pineapple -- do not use the canned crushed pineapple in syrup or you'll end up with too much sugar/sweetness)
1 egg
1/4 cup oil (I like avocado oil)
1/4 cup plain yogurt
1 tsp vanilla extract or vanilla bean paste

Add and mix in, just until blended (I mixed everything together with a fork, and used a spatula at the end to get all the edges of the bowl and spoon them into the muffin tins):
1 cup Kristin's Gluten-Free Flour Mix
1/4 cup white sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar OR 2 Tbsp 100% date paste
1/4 cup sweetened OR unsweetened shredded coconut
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt

Divide the batter evenly between muffin tins, 1/2 - 3/4 full.
Muffins, ready to bake!  These are filled 3/4 full and required closer to 25 minutes to bake.  I have made them other times, filling only 1/2 full and they bake in ~20 minutes.  

Bake at 350 F for ~18-22 minutes for 18 muffins or 23-26 minutes for 12 muffins.   They should end up a nice, light golden brown on top.

Remove to cooling rack.  Enjoy!!!

Gluten Free Kristin's Sunshine Muffins Recipe by Successfully Gluten Free!

No comments:

Post a Comment