Search for a Recipe

Thursday 10 January 2019

Hard Boiled Eggs

Most of my life, I've precariously made hard boiled eggs by bringing the pot to a hard, rolling boil and then covering and turning off the heat, letting sit for 14-15 minutes, until cooked thoroughly.  I found it to be a terribly imprecise method (at least for me).  So, my wonderful friend Rebekah, from the Isle of Jersey wayyyyy across the Atlantic taught me this method. I love it! Works every time!
Some hard-boiled eggs after using some natural dyes with the kids.  :) 

Hard Boiled Eggs

In a pot, place eggs to cover the bottom of the pan.  You can use a small or large pot, depending on how many eggs you want to cook.

Fill the pot with cold water, until it reaches 1" above the eggs.  Add a dash of salt to the water.

Bring eggs to a rolling boil over medium-high to high heat.  Once the water has reached a rolling boil (i.e. bubbling a lot), lower heat to medium-high and continue boiling eggs for 10 minutes.

Drain carefully and rinse repeatedly to cool the eggs.   Once the eggs are no longer really hot, I like to fill the pot with cold water and add ice to help the eggs cool down.

Drain, then cool eggs completely in the refrigerator.   They are perfect for egg salad, deviled eggs, eating plain, etc.!

You can also use this method to make 3 or 5 minute eggs, with looser yolks for scooping out for breakfasts.

Enjoy!

Gluten Free Hard Boiled Eggs Recipe by Successfully Gluten Free!


No comments:

Post a Comment