Search for a Recipe

Tuesday 16 August 2022

Cinnamon & Brown Sugar Flan

 I really wanted something easy, but to compliment homemade enchiladas.  Cinnamon-sugar donuts were calling my name, but I wasn't in the mood to fry anything.  This cinnamon-infused flan made with brown sugar was just perfect!  I discovered a slightly faster method to whip it together using a microwave vs stovetop, like I use for my regular vanilla flan or pumpkin flan.  Enjoy! 
A yummy slice of cinnamon & brown sugar gluten-free flan, ready to eat! 

Cinnamon & Brown Sugar Flan

Preheat oven to 350 F. Butter 8 x 8 glass pan.  

In a large microwave safe cup heat just until bubbling at the edges (I heated 3 minutes): 
2 1/2 - 2 3/4 cup 10% cream (or 2 cups milk & 3/4 cup 10% cream for a lighter flan)
1 Tbsp brown sugar

Whisk together in a bowl: 
4 eggs
1/2 cup brown sugar

Add and whisk into the bowl: 
1/2 - 1 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp vanilla bean paste

Slowly add, whisking regularly, to avoid scrambling the eggs: 
hot milk/cream from above

Pour into prepared pan.  Bake at 350 F for 15 minutes.  Lower heat to 300 F and cook an additional 30-40 minutes.  It should puff up during baking.  
Flan, fresh from the oven. You can see how it puffs up a bit.

Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack.  I prefer to let cool a full hour for really nice, clean slices, but we rarely last that long before digging in.  It still slices pretty neatly even if cut while hot.  Enjoy!!!! 

A side view after baking.  I liked the darker, speckled look from the cinnamon and brown sugar. Yum!

Cinnamon & Brown Sugar Flan Recipe by Successfully Gluten Free!

No comments:

Post a Comment